The founder of the modern spa was Count Kristián Filip Clam-Gallas, who opened new mineral springs between 1776 and 1818. The new sources were named after members of the Clam-Gallas family and emerged directly near the spa buildings. A spa park was established at the end of the 18th century.
In the early 19th century, a promenade, an Empire-style summer residence, a pavilion above the Marian Spring, and the main administrative building were constructed. Thanks to the founder’s support, a local school was established in 1819. Spa status was officially granted in 1836, and a colonnade was built in 1847. Further development continued with new buildings and improved transport connections.
After 1992, the spa underwent modernization while preserving its historic 19th-century character. Today, Lázně Libverda is known for the treatment of cardiovascular and musculoskeletal disorders.